The WP600 pedestal solution is a new variation to the light and affordable pedestal for the growing number of twin wheel steered boats. It is one of Jefa’s flat top pedestal which accommodates the need for a possibility to mount a custom made plotter pod. The pedestal is completely made of high strength aluminium 6082. To protect the pedestal against the tough environment it’s alochromed (chromate conversion coating) and after that powder coated resulting in an long lasting finish. This build method results in a relatively low weight and a very strong, stiff and durable construction. Due to a very flexible build method, the pedestal angle and height are variable on request.
Brake spinner is not included and should be ordered separately.
Jefa 600 series steering pedestal variations
- Jefa has a wide range of steering wheels which fit on all our pedestals and steerers.
- On request the standard BS25 bulkhead steerer on WP600 can be change to a BS60 as a possibility to get the wheel 34 mm closer to the pedestal.
- Jefa’s integrated steering disengagement unit can be installed on WP600 as an easy, safe and fully invisible unit to disengage the steering wheel while sailing.
- A GUA800-R guardrail can be installed on the pedestal. The robust 32 mm diameter stainless steel 316 guardrail is firmly attached with a bracket to the pedestal offering a strong support when moving around in the cockpit.
- With a GUA800E-R forward bend extended guardrail (called kick-back guardrail) it is possible to mount an instrument pod for the mounting of instruments, buttons and joysticks.
- Jefa teak cockpit table is 300 mm wide and 700 mm long when folded in, and 600 mm wide and 700 mm long when folded out which can be fitted to the pedestal.
The following illustrations show the most common combinations.
Jefa 100 series guardrail feet
The Jefa type 100 guardrail feet are unique in the world as they not only secure the guardrail firmly to the cockpit floor, but they also provide a watertight solution when cables have to go through the cockpit floor. The only part visible from the outside is a 5 mm high, 40 mm diameter black ring as the top of the guardrail foot is inserted into the stainless steel tube. A 3 mm O-ring makes sure no water will enter from outside. Jefa steering produces 3 types of guardrail feet. Type 1 is supplied when no penetration to the cockpit floor is required for engine control or instrument cables. Type 2 is supplied when engine control or instrument cables have to go through the cockpit floor with a maximum thickness off 45 mm. Type 3 is supplied when engine control or instrument cables have to go through the cockpit floor with a maximum thickness off 95 mm.
Jefa WP600 cable steering pedestals
The 25 mm steering shaft is equipped with the standard international 1″ taper to fit all Jefa wheels up to 1500 mm diameter. The steering shaft has 2 high efficiency 25 mm ball bearings, which are double sealed and pre-lubricated for a long and maintenance free life. The lip seal at the front is the especially developed Jefa PUR seal, which contains no metal parts for a life long problem free usage.
The pedestal can be equipped with multiple sprockets to match the turns starboard to port as specified. Please look at the table for choosing the the sprocket size in relation to the quadrant radius.
The WP600 pedestal can be used for open wire systems with custom cross wire and parallel wire idlers. These idlers have large base plates for a a firm clamping of the deck between the deck flange of the pedestal and the base plate. The idlers are mounted with pedestal mounting studs, so no additional mounting bolts are necessary.
Jefa WP600 cable steering pedestal dimensions
- The standard height of the pedestal are 710 mm. Custom heights are available at request.
- The pedestal mounting studs are available in multiple lengths to suit the cockpit floor thickness. The mounting studs are positioned on a square of 220 by 180 mm.
- The cable offset relative to the middle of the pedestal is 13 mm.
Jefa WP600 cable steering pedestals and accessories
|WP600-11||WP600 cable steering pedestal with 5/8" 11 teeth sprocket|
|WP600-13||WP600 cable steering pedestal with 5/8" 13 teeth sprocket|
|WP600-15||WP600 cable steering pedestal with 5/8" 15 teeth sprocket|
|WP600-17||WP600 cable steering pedestal with 5/8" 17 teeth sprocket|
|CP600||WP600 conduit plate|
|GUA800-R||WP350, WP600 and WP800 guardrail, incl. bracket and guardrail feet|
|GUA800E-R||WP350, WP600 and WP800 extended guardrail, incl. bracket and guardrail feet|
|WS-DIS||Disengagement unit integrated in steerer/pedestal|
|ST10065||4pcs mounting studs M10x65mm (80) with nut|
|ST10080||4pcs mounting studs M10x80mm (95) with nut|
|ST10120||4pcs mounting studs M10x120mm (135) with nut|
The WP600 pedestal ordering options are: Height (710 mm standard) And Angle (0°-10°)