We Deliver We have two main categories in our propeller program:
- The VP-sizes. The VP stands for Variable Pitch.
- The MP-sizes. The MP stands for Multi Pitch
- It is possible to replace one blade without disassembly of the entire propeller hub.
- Because of the good sealing system between the hub and blades means that the risk of contamination to the sea is minimal.
- Grease lubrication is only necessary every 5 years.
- A fixed propeller, designed for maximum speed, cannot give maximum power at low speed, while a fixed propeller designed for power, cannot achieve maximum speed.
- With a controllable pitch propeller it is always possible to obtain full utilization of the engine, irrespective of the purpose of the vessel.
- Maximum horsepower can be taken from the engine – without overloading – by changing the pitch.
- Even if the engine drives a winch or a shaft generator, the number of revolutions can be kept constant – and the speed of the vessel can then be regulated by means of the propeller pitch.
- At speeds lower than the maximum speed the engine’s fuel consumption can be reduced considerably by increasing the pitch and lowering the number of revolutions while maintaining the required speed. In this way the loading of the engine and the total efficiency of the unit is increased.
- When using sail and engine power at the same time the correct pitch can always be obtained so that wind and engine together are utilized in the best possible way.
- Prompt and inexpensive replacement of individual blades in case of damage to the propeller.
- Engine idle speed on a fixed pitch propeller vessel often propels the vessel too fast for docking manoeuvres whereas a CP propeller offers superior low speed vessel control.